27 March 2011

Glider Goodness

The final piece of furniture is in the nursery!

This is how our glider set looked this morning after my father-in-law dropped everything off. We ordered it about a month or so ago from Walmart and my in-laws had been holding onto everything for us until we finished painting the nursery.


After about an hour's worth of work assembling the ottoman and glider and struggling to get the very snug slip cover over the frames, we now have this:
 
(as a refresher, we ordered the Dorel Glider and Ottoman from Walmart)

 When we first opened the boxes and pulled everything out, I'll admit I was a little unsure of the slipcover color. When I read the reviews for the beige slipcover, many people said it was a white/cream color. As I pulled it out of the box, I thought it looked more yellow/beige. The color is starting to grow on me and while I kept the receipt in case I want to exchange, I really don't think I'd want any of the other available colors. (The slipcovers actually look more cream in these pictures.)

I figure I still need to find a throw to drape over the chair for those chilly nights when I fall asleep in the chair snuggled with my little one. Something bright colored - maybe teal?


I must say it is very comfortable.

Did you notice these hanging above the chair? 

That was the DIY project I mentioned in my last post that I've been working on the last two weekends. It was finally finished late Saturday night. I'm so in love with them. I found these a few weeks ago on a wedding website and was immediately hooked. Since then, I had been determined to recreate them in the nursery. While I should admit that they were pretty time consuming to do, it was more than worth it in the end. They look exactly how I had imagined. 

I'll post a how-to tutorial later in the week. 
Hope you all had a great weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment