7 months means Lucy is over the halfway point of her first year. It blows my mind every day how fast time is going. While I enjoy watching her grow and learn so much each day, part of me wishes she could stay where she is right now. She is at such a fun age where she is learning to be more independent, really using her voice, recognizing photos and faces, and being such a good cuddle buddy. She's also pretty hilarious, and she knows it.
A few milestones since last month:
- She can pull herself up and stand in her crib. Her legs are still wobbly, she she can hold herself for a good few seconds.
- She hasn't started to crawl yet (which Jordan and I are totally ok with)
- She has been very cuddly lately and loves being held and snuggled all day.
- Reaches out for people when she wants to be picked up or passed to someone else.
- She really plays independently for long periods of time. Given several toys, she rotates and carefully examines each one, tastes each one, and plays a little with each. She is really interactive with toys that light up, make noise, etc.
- No teeth, yet! I swear I think they're coming soon.
- Still discovering her voice everyday. Still loud (especially at 7am).
- Is saying more pronounced consanants: ba-ba, da-da, ga-ga and even "thhh" with lots of raspberries
- My in-laws swear she says "hi dada" when they babysit and she sees Jordan's picture at their house. Jordan and I haven't heard her say anything, yet. I can't wait to hear her first word. I don't even care what it is.
Sunday the 19th not only marked Lucy's 7 month birthday, but it was also her baptism day.
We lucked out with lots of family and friends, gorgeous weather, and a happy baby all day.
We chose our friends Allison and Mark to be Lucy's Godparents, both of which were thrilled and honored.
And to finish - a shot of our girl standing in her crib!!
I have another bonus blog post coming later today showing you all how to create your own DIY chevron painted canvas.