19 November 2010

Home Sweet Home

I'm anxiously awaiting the hubby's call that he is done work and heading home. I just got back from NY where I had been since Wednesday for work. I haven't seen him since he dropped me off at work Wednesday morning so we are overdue for some QT together. We are hitting up our favorite local spot for dinner. Ole is a tapas restaurant about a mile from our neighborhood. We love it and used to go on a regular basis. Things have been so hectic lately that I don't even remember the last time we went. They have amazing tapas and yummy sangria. Added bonus: the tapas are half priced and the sangria pitchers are only $20 tonight from 9pm until close.  I remember J and I were raving about Ole in front of my grandparents one day and the next time we saw them they told us they went because we said it was so good! They were disappointed at the portions. I don't think my grandparents understand the concept of tapas. :)

I promised pictures of our updated living room and I am not going to disappoint. These pictures aren't the best. I'm still trying to get the hang of this camera. That and it was raining when I took the pictures. But you get the idea. 




I'm very pleased with the results. :)
(Note: Please ignore our ugly carpet. It's berber and a stain trap and it's been here since we moved in. I'm dying to rip it out and replace the carpet with a dark, sexy hardwood. A girl can dream...)













J has off tomorrow (not common on weekends) so we have big plans to take the pup to the bark park! It's supposed to be a beautiful 60 degree day (in November!) and a few hours running around with the other dogs will put this puppy to sleep for the rest of the day. We have no other plans besides that so far and I am A-OK with that. Just a day off together after not seeing each other for three days is good enough for me. 


Meet our pupperoni Lyla:


She is the two year old, German Shepherd mix, spoiled rotten love of our lives. 
She's forcing me to give her a rub down as I type. 









I may also try to work a little more on my latest project. Check out this fab bench I snagged from my neighbor's trash pile. (Ok, and by "I snagged" I mean I made J grab while I waited in the car. At 11:00 at night. After a night out for drinks on a random weekday night.)


I have already sanded it down and put the first coat of white paint on it. I'm very excited and pleased with how it's turning out. I just need to finish it. I'm also debating breaking out my sewing machine and making a pillow/seat cushion out of some left over material from Ikea curtains I purchased and hemmed a while back.  I'm not exactly sure where to put it but J has already claimed it as his "guitar bench." I supposed I can give that to him since he did the dirty work and grabbed the stool.

No comments:

Post a Comment