02 January 2011

Happy New Year!

It's officially 2011! As I said in my previous post, things have been pretty busy around here. Good busy.
2010 was pretty amazing, but I have a feeling that 2011 will be the best yet. 

Christmas was great as always. We always split our days. Christmas Eve is spent with my family while Christmas Day is spend with Jordan's.  We've been doing this for the past 6 or so Christmases we've been together and it works great for us since everyone is local. Jordan works every Christmas Eve but the restaurant closes by 2 so he had plenty of time to make it to Middletown for dinner by 5. We celebrate with my dad's side of the family so there's usually about 15 or so people crammed into the house. We moved it to my parent's house this year to be easier for my grandparents. It's super hectic especially when presents are being opened, but I wouldn't change a thing. 

Here is my adorable cousin Jace, thrilled at the room filled with Christmas presents.


I swear this pictures only shows half of the presents that were in that room. I absolutely love the excitement on her face. She is at that great age (4 years old) where she is just so much fun to be with. She has her own little personality and has become so much more outgoing. And really funny. She had just as much fun opening her presents as she did handing out presents to the family members.

The next day we had a quiet little Christmas morning just the two of us and the animals before heading to Jordan's parents for Christmas presents, followed by his Aunt Patty and Uncle Tom's then back to his parents' house for dinner. We later went to a local bar, Dead Presidents, to meet up with some friends of ours who live down the beach. They came up for the holiday and it was great to see them because we hadn't since the wedding in May.

Here is Lyla opening her present from Santa. A huge rawhide bone.






One happy pup.

For New Years we had about a dozen of our closest friends over our house. We are definitely at the point where we are over the whole bar scene and going out on nights like NYE. In Delaware taxis are pretty scarce and on big drinking nights like this the check points are out in full force. It's just not the hassle to go to a crowded bar and worry about getting home. NYE was a ton of fun. We had a tapas theme and made way to much food but it was delicious. All in all a great holiday season.

The best Christmas gift of all came in mid-November when Jordan and I learned that we were expecting our first baby! I am now officially 13 weeks along and due July 13th. We couldn't be more thrilled. Things were a little crazy at first because we weren't trying, and it came as a surprise. But we are happier than ever and can't wait to see what 2011 brings our growing family. 

Well there is your quick wrap-up of the holidays. We have a growing to-do list for 2011, now including a baby room to work on. So there is plenty more for me to post and update you all. I also have some pictures to post with the dining room and the master bath after being painted. 

I am back to blogging and won't be a slacker anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment