07 January 2011

Lullabelly

Today my Lullabelly arrived!!

If you don't know what that is, a Lullabelly is a prenatal belt that wraps around your big preggo belly and hooks up to an iPod so you can play music for your baby in the womb. 



The hubby and I stumbled upon this a few weeks ago while playing around on the internet looking at baby ideas. We both thought it was the coolest idea.
Music is a big passion for Jordan so he was on board right away (even though he keeps threatening to play G&R for into my belly). I love the idea of being able to play music for the baby this early on. I've read that the music you play in the womb can be used after birth to help with sleeping habits. Plus I think I may run out of things to talk to the babe about by the time July rolls around. It's never too early to introduce the Beatles. Why not let the little one enjoy some tunes when it's stuck in the same spot for 9 months straight?

We received an Amazon.com gift card from my uncle for Christmas and decided to purchase the prenatal music belt there. For just $55 you can choose between five different colors (we chose Sunshine Yellow). 

When the package came today I opened it right up to check things out. 
It comes with a single removable speaker along with an iPod hookup and headphone splitters so you can listen along with your baby. One concern I had was volume. How would I know if it was too loud in my stomach? Rest assured the Lullabelly has a note attached to the volume control:

"Lullabelly utilizes safe sound level technology
To help protect the baby's delicate ears, we use a single high sound quality speaker, specially designed for the Lullabelly. Amniotic fluid surrounding the baby is a very good conductor of sound...the maximum volume level of the Lullabelly speaker unit is similar to a mother and father speaking or singing aloud to their baby in the womb....."

Whew!

Now I'm psyched to begin using it. My belly is still pretty small, but I tried the belt on and since it's adjustable, it will still work on my 13 week bump. The hardest part now will be choosing what music to start entertaining the baby with!


photo borrowed from here

No comments:

Post a Comment