01 May 2011

Weekend Recap

I'm always a little sad on Sunday nights because it means that the weekend is over. I did have a great three day weekend with Jordan so I really shouldn't complain. We went to NY Friday morning to attend the wedding of a girlfriend of mine who I went to college with. It was a gorgeous ceremony - she looked amazing and the two of them seemed so happy all day. The food was insane and the reception was a complete blast. It was the first wedding we had been to since our own a year ago and we really enjoyed the night away. 


I wish I could have gotten better pictures, but here are just a few: 






 Me and my girls with the groom.


Happiness <3

The rest of our weekend was spent relaxing at home with the family, lots of naps, dinners out and grocery shopping. 

A new week means a fresh start to tackle some projects that I have seriously been slacking on. I'm coming down to the last 10 weeks of my pregnancy and still have so much I want to get done before she comes. I have been in full on nesting mode the last few months, but took a break the last week or two to relax and enjoy some alone time with the hubby while we still have it. 

I have a lot of small touches I still need to add to the nursery including some paint touchups, a mirror and wall art. The bookshelf is still in our living room, and we've continued to put that project on hold, but hopefully will be done this week. I also want to take some time to work on our dining room - specifically reupholstering the chairs, finding some great pillows for the bench and finally getting a rug for under the table.

And of course, two weeks from today marks our first year wedding anniversary. I have yet to get hubby anything, although I have had it on the brain for the past few weeks. My plan is to keep with the traditional first anniversary gift of paper. I have three ideas, although I'm not going to mention them here in case Jordan takes a peek. But time is flying so I need to get my butt in gear.

Here's to a new, productive week!

No comments:

Post a Comment