Ok I'll admit I didn't get as much done with the pallet as I was hoping to this weekend.
Honestly, I only did one little step to prepare it for painting. But I'm so excited about this project that I'm going to share every detail with you all, no matter how small.
Before I can start painting the pallet, there was some prep work that needed to be done.
There were a number of cracks or splits in the wood as well as nail holes and other gaps.
To take care of this, I bought some wood glue and used that to reattach the pieces that were split.
The wood glue only worked to reattach the two pieces, but the crack still remained. I relied on spackle for the rest of the cracks along with other flaws in the wood.
After debating a little I decided to fill in the nail holes with the spackle. I considered leaving them but I knew they would look like awkward holes that were painted white. While I like the rustic look, in this case I want the pallet to be as smooth as possible when painted.
It's not much progress, but here is how the pallet stands today with all the holes and cracks filled.
As you can see, there are still some rough spots on the pallet that I need to lightly sand down.
Once I take care of these spots I will be ready to paint.
I'm hoping to get some more done on the pallet during the week. I am off work on Wednesday to be on baby duty and I'm hoping I can maybe tackle at least one coat of paint on the pallet. I also need Jordan to remove the 5 wood panels on the back of the pallet so it will hang flush against the wall.
Oh, and if you have no clue what I'm talking about with this pallet project, here is what I'm working towards for our guest room:
I've already bought the hooks and I just need to prime, paint and hang!
I'll be back later today to share pictures of my new pillow covers that arrived last week.
Don't forget about the 25% discount for the month of March!