18 September 2012

Guest Bathroom Redo

I mentioned to you before when I posted about my navy and white mini obsession that I was ready to upgrade our guest bathroom a bit. I wasn't quite planning to do it so soon, but before I knew it I had a can of paint and was slapping some color on the walls this past weekend. It started with wanting to swap out the textiles for a little navy and white and it quickly evolved into a full-on planned out bathrom re-do. Here is a shot showing the bathroom how it has looked for the past year or so and how it looks today after repainting the ceiling white and the walls a 'Silver Sateen' from Behr.


This is what I have planned for the space. Funny enough I was trying to stray away from the navy and white being too 'nautical' and now I have old oars, an octopus hook and a porthole ready to mount on the wall. I'm going back and forth with the idea of repainting the countertops. The ugly cream countertop with the faux brown marble look is just not quite what I have in mind for a fresh bathroom. I've been searching online for ideas to paint a countertop. It seems possible, but I haven't quite decided if I have the guts to do it. Worst case scenario, Jordan and I plan to upgrade both the guest and master bathrooms and if this doesn't work we just might be doing it sooner than we thought. The mirror will remain as I love the wall to wall look and honestly think if I downsized to a smaller mirror, the bathroom would look smaller, too. The light fixture is fine, but I'm not against swapping it out if something catches my eye. 


As you can see, I've already purchased a number of things. From West Elm, a shower curtain, hand towel, bath mat, and some ceramic trays (all three of these pictured on my navy + white post). I also found a few sea sponges and handmade soaps from Amazon. If you follow me on Instagram, you already know that Jordan surprised me with the octopus hook I wantd from Anthropologie. I've also been stocking up on a variety of metal and wood finished frames and accent pieces (Homegoods, Pottery Barn, Urban Outfitters, etc) to create a gallery wall on the space above the toilet. The white towels, metal basket and glass jars are Homegoods finds. Not pictured, but I have two large wooden oars I bought from TJ Maxx years ago with no plan, but I figured I'd find a way to use them some day. Now I'm so glad I did. With a little sanding and some TLC, they will be a great addition to the gallery wall.


I'm waiting for my shower curtain to arrive before I start mapping out the gallery wall, but I'm pretty impressed with how quickly I have been whipping this room into shape. I anticipate hanging the frames this weekend and having updated pictures to you as early as next week. We may be having a guest or two in October so if that isn't motivation enough, I don't know what is.
 
Don't forget about the Shabby Apple $50 giveaway going on now through Friday.
See details here.

1 comment:

  1. I love it!! Cant wait to see the final product!
    I used navy in my room redone too. Just seems so fresh, crisp even!
    Good luck!
    Tana

    ReplyDelete