Yesterday, while waiting for Jordan's train to arrive from New York, we took a stroll along the riverfront by the train station. It was the first really chilly day of fall and I wanted to take some time to enjoy the the sunshine before it gets too cold. At first Lucy was timid and refused to let go of my hand as we walked. Within a few minutes she was off running on her own only stopping to watch the rowers or wave to a dog walking by. I loved every minute of this impromptu pit stop. When did my little girl grow so big?
A few key milestones:
- Runs around all day long
- Now weighs 20 pounds!
- 8 teeth with at least three more coming in
- Sleeps through the night! Up to 10 hours.
- Eats like a champ. Some favorite foods include pears, raisins, chicken, pasta, turkey burgers, eggs, waffles, lots of veggies, apples, grilled cheese, etc.
- Talking so much - 'dada', 'mama', 'Hi Lyla', 'buh-byes', 'shoes', 'colors' (crayons), 'me' and of course gibberish all day long.
- Can pick family members out when prompted (including herself).
- Understands simple commands and meaning of phrases like 'lie down', 'put toys away', 'no', 'it's bath time', 'wave bye', etc.
- Blows kisses, gives kisses, likes to pretend to put on chapstick, loves my shoes and always tries to put them on my feet, dancing and singing, can work my iPad better than me, loves coloring and reading, Yo Gabba Gabba and animals. The list goes on.
- Working on the alphabet. Tries to sing with me but doesn't quite have it.
- Best of all, she's a major cuddlebug, especially in the mornings. I treasure these moments.