What do you pack for vacation when you have no clue where you're going? Friday morning at 8:00am Jordan and I are boarding a plane to fly off to... where?? It have no idea, it's a surprise. Over the past few months Jordan has been planning a secret vacation for us - a three day weekend just the two of us (no baby!). I've been given very limited details, but Jordan was sure to give me a brief itinerary so I would know what to pack. What I do know is that I need to pack for two nice dinners, dancing, some pool time, a hiking-type adventure, and some yummy brunch. He has each day fully planned out, I love it.
My other problem? I foolishly agreed to fit everything I'm packing into a carry-on. What was I thinking? I am trying to pack just what I need and ditch my usual over-packing those 'just in case' items I will never touch.
Feeling a little lost at what to pack I did what I always do when I need some fashion inspiration. Logged into my Pinterest and starting scrolling through the dozens and dozens of outfits I've been pinning. I snagged a few ideas and started packing last night. (Check out my Instagram account 'jessicademaio' for a peek at some of the things I'm bringing.)
All images above can be found on my Pinterest board 'Dress Me Up'
See link in right side bar to check it out.
1. I'm definitely wearing something comfortable on the plane. I love how something as simple as a t shirt and shorts looks so pretty when the shorts are pink and it's worn with a great ballerina bun.
2. One of the few things Jordan told me is that it's going to be hot where we are going. That being said, I plan to wear minimal clothing. Shorts, tanks/crop tops and lots of skin (and sunscreen!).
3. If you skim my wardrobe and even my selections above I tend to gravitate towards neutrals - blacks, grays and whites. I'm making sure to pack some punches of color for this vacation.
4. Braids, braids, braids. I'm not sure what's going on with my hair lately, but before I decided to do something drastic like cut it (and immediately regret that decision), I'm relying on braids to keep me cool not just for vacation, but all summer long. The loose, messy fishtail has always been a favorite of mine.
5. Buns, florals and showing some skin. I just love this look and think it would be the perfect brunch outfit before a day of exploring.
6. Even though Jordan usually teases me when I wear them, I'm definitely bringing a hat similar to this one but in black. Not only will it help cover my sleepy eyes when we get to the airport at 6:30 in the morning, and will double to block some of the sun when we arrive.
7. This dress just screams vacation to me. Along with an easy to carry bag and some fab sunnies.
8. I love basics dressed up. You will often find me wearing some sort of basic t-shirt and pairing it with anything from leggings to jeans to a skirt. This is a great look for going out to dinner.
9. Lace dresses and sun kissed skin. I also will also definitely be bringing a type of cross body bag. No one needs to be bothered with trying to lug a huge purse on their shoulder. Just the essentials when on vacation.
10. This is how I'm imagining I'll look bringing my camera around our mystery destination. Chances are I'll look more like an out-of-place tourist and less like her, but at least I hope to have some great shots to bring home.
Since it's vacation I'm going for comfort over anything. I'm leaving the heels at home in favor of some sandals (and sneakers to hike). Comfy, loose clothes, and maybe a few fun jewels to dress things up.
What do you think? Am I missing anything? Any words of advice?