05 August 2014

Tuesday Trend: Fiber Wall Art

I'm really digging this trend right now. Fiber wall art seems to be popping up all over the place these days. I see it on Pinterest, on some of my favorite blogs, and even on some of my favorite Instagram accounts. Between the natural elements of the materials used as well as the boho feeling this art gives, I'm itching to add one of these pieces in our home.
 
One thing I love about this art is that there are so many different styles used that no two pieces look a like. Whether using macrame or yarn as the fiber and using either copper or wood as the base, the possibilities, colors and styles for this trend are endless.
 
image via
  
image via
 
 image via
 
While part of me wants to attempt to DIY one of these, I also would much rather support some of the great, talented small businesses who make them. As a huge supporter of small businesses, I have a selected a few of my favorite fiber art finds, all availble on Etsy via the below links.
 
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
 
While I love the crazy bold colors of #7, my favorite might be the simple, natural look of #3. I will most likely purchase one of these for our living room, but I'm toying with the idea of trying my hand at DIYing a piece for Mila's room.
 
What do you think of this trend?

No comments:

Post a Comment