20 March 2011

Nursery Closet

The final steps in the nursery closet were completed this weekend. Take a look.

Last weekend:

This weekend:








And now it's officially time to start filling it!!

The paint color I decided to go with was Martha Stewart's "Enamelware."

It was between this color and "Artesian Well" (also by Martha Stewart). Because how busy the stripes make the wall in the room and the fact that the closet was going to be filled with clothes of various colors, I decided that the lighter of the two would be a better fit. It took three coats of paint for the color to be evenly distributed. Since one of the screws on the right side of the shelf was loose, we thought it would be best to remove the shelving, spackle, and re-install it after the paint was complete. Jordan was away with the boys all weekend and I'm too impatient to wait, so once the paint was complete I called my back-up plan - dad. He came over this afternoon and installed the shelf so I could start putting things away in the closet.  

I absolutely love it. What do you all think?

No comments:

Post a Comment