09 October 2011

Mellow Yellow



As long as I can remember my favorite color has been yellow. Bright yellow, mustard yellow, pastel - all yellows (but mustard has a special place in my heart). My old blog layout was even yellow. Don't get me wrong, I love me some teals and corals, but yellow is my numba one. Anytime I'm looking for inspiration online or in stores I am instantly attracted to anything yellow. If I have a choice of colors, yellow is my go-to.

Surprisingly I don't have a lot of yellow in our house.

I purchased a canvas at Michael's a few weeks ago along with some mustard yellow acrylic paint. I have yet to decide how I want to go about this piece of art. So I went around searching for some inspiration.



1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9


I haven't decided for sure yet where I want to put the canvas. I'm thinking either in the laundry room (as part of my sprucing up the laundry room.) Another option would be the living room shelves that I've been struggling to decorate (here and here). Of course there's always the dining room, too...


I'm thinking I may need to purchase a few more canvases.

2 comments:

  1. Love that ampersand! I'm determined to add one to my home decor somewhere! Love all the yellows that are so big in fashion lately. Honestly though, I can only really get away with pale yellow with my skin tone.... I don't have trouble wearing any other colors but yellow gives me trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That ampersand makes me want to find some big antique rusty piece of decor for my house. Or I guess I could always DIY one.

    ReplyDelete