30 March 2012

Caught My Eye This Week


BEAUTY

A different take on the flat iron curls I've tried before. Going to give these a whirl as I strongly dislike my hair when it's stick straight. I've been wearing my hair more like this on a daily basis. I love the look of straight ends and intentionally avoid the last inch and a half when curling my hair.

I don't know if it's the back and forth weather, or the fact that I've fallen asleep with my makeup on more often that I should lately (oops), but my skin has been dull and dry. I've gotten back into this beauty regimen this past week and I swear that my skin is thanking me. 

Now that I'm creeping up on my scary age this summer (28!), I have sort of started to obsess over my skin, examining every fine line and sun spot I can see. I found these great tips for keeping your skin fresh and wrinkle free. I also need to kick up the SPF and stop pretending I'm a sun baby.

I want to have more fun and be more experimental with my manis. TBD has tons of awesome manicure ideas, this one is my favorite.

I'm a big fan of the natural makeup look for Spring/Summer. Bye-bye heavy eye makeup and dry looking powder, hello fresh, dewey skin and pink cheeks.

Free People April catalog preview.

HEALTH & FOOD

I've told you about my friend Andrea's tumblr EatBetterLiveWell. I've really been trying to add more kale and quinoa to my diet and she offers some great recipes that I plan to try. Andrea gave up meat for lent and has been substituting quinoa for the protein in her diet. I'm proud to say that I've been eating healthier than usual lately (with the exception of a few treats) as well as exercising a lot more than normal. I can say I really notice a different in how I feel on a daily basis.

I want to eat this for lunch everyday.

DIY & HOME

I found myself pinning two great terrarium inspirations (here and here) within the past week. I think I'm ready to give my own a try. 

I'm ready to jump on board with the paint chip art trend. Now to decide what color scheme to go with and where to put it...

I'm currently in the middle of a wall art project inspired by this great herringbone painting I pinned a while back. It's taking me a while to complete, but I'm so excited with how it's turning out. Can't wait to show you all.

I just came across this post yesterday as I've been trying to plan some good lighting for the guest room. Very seriously considering this beauty. Hello gold!!

What caught your eye this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment