14 March 2012

Inspiration: Florals

Maybe it's because Spring is around the corner, or maybe it's the fact that I can't keep a real flower alive for more than a week, but lately I've really been into floral patterns both in home decor and in clothing. I'm seeing flowers everywhere. I been craving those bright florals, and have been mixing them with gold and lace - so girly and so unlike me!

Even the Anthropologie homepage is covered in blooms.



I just bought myself one setting of these dishes from Anthropologie to use on my place rack in the dining room. I love the hand painted look of the design on these dishes and the colors look so good against the dark furniture and neural colors in the dining room.

 

I bought this sachet from Anthropologie a few months ago and stuck it in my undies drawer. Not only is it an dainty little accent, but it makes my clothes smell so pretty.
here

I recently bought this adorable floral contact case from Urban Outfitters to keep on my nightstand for those nights that I don't fall asleep with my contacts in!


The frame is an another Anthropologie purchase. It's one of my favorite little floral details that holds the first picture of Jordan and me as a couple almost 6 and a half years go.

Here are a few other florals I've been liking lately:


These two gorgeous upholstered chairs from Anthropologie.
here and here

I'm finally coming around on the idea of wallpaper in the home. I used to be very anti-paper, but now think it would be cool to use on an accent wall, or inside of a small closet. These are my two favorites:

here and here

If you aren't quite committed to going as bold as wallpaper, there are many, smaller accent pieces that can be incorporated in your home instead.

Pillows are the easiest way.

I love, love this LOVE pillow


You could also go simpler with a shower curtain or duvet cover.


here and here

And if you're willing to splurge a little, this flower rug pretty fabulous.

 I'm certainly loving and craving florals for Spring and Summer and plan to incorporate some more into our home. How do you feel about florals?

No comments:

Post a Comment