10 July 2013

The Barstool Hunt

Forgive me for my slowness in getting back into the blogging game.
 
I've been talking for years (literally) about replacing the barstools in our kitchen. We bought these two stools on a whim after moving in just because we needed something to sit on when we had dinner. I'm pretty sure they were purchased from Linens 'n Things for probably around $30 each. They work fine, but visually we felt they just didn't reflect our personal style.
 
(An old shot of the barstools in our kitchen, note we still had carpet in the living room!)
 
After talking about it for what felt like forever, I finally recently bit the bullet and got down to some serious barstool hunting, specifically at Target - one of my favorite places to go for reasonably priced home décor. I opted to search online rather than in the store because I knew I would have more options. Once I started I was pleasantly surprised by the affordable, chic barstool options.
1  |  2  |  3  |  4  |  5  |  6  |  7  |  8
 
When searching for new barstools I knew I didn't want something that looked like what we already had in the kitchen. We weren't really concerned with whether or not the stools had backs since it was only going to be us sitting on them, not Lucy. I wanted something that stood out visually, but was also functional. I also wanted to make sure it was something that complimented our new paint color as well as the décor in our living room since our house has an open layout.
 
So which barstool do you think we picked? I left the ultimate decision to my hubby who picked barstools that reminded him of  the hotel from our vacation.  You'll find out tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. hmmmmmm...my guess would be 1,2 or 6 if I'm thinking Palm Springs. Really any would look great. Can't wait to see what you ended up with!

    ReplyDelete