24 September 2014

Horses, Wagon Rides, & Tickle Grass


This past Tuesday I took the girls on a play date over my friend Lindsay's house. I've known Lindsay 15+ years and her son AJ just happens to be in Lucy's class. She also has an adorable 2 year old girl, Mia. Lindsay's family lives in a gorgeous home that backs up to a farm. This lends to some very unique and fun play dates. Knowing this, I brought along my 'good' camera to snap some photos of the kids. Little did I know just how many photo ops we would have that day.

Even though we've had numerous playdates with AJ and Mia, Lucy is always shy when it comes to other kids. As the day went by we could visually see her becoming more and more comfortable and really coming out of her shell. So much that she didn't want to leave at the end of the day, and it was a long day! 

The first stop of the day was feeding the horses. We've been over and done this before so I knew Lucy would be comfortable around them. The kids had a quick swing on the swing set and grabbed some lunch before we headed out. A hike in the woods was followed by a ride in the wagon to stop by and see the horses again, then a short drive over to a local park to let the kids run around and explore. The views were breathtaking in the park and I was so glad I brought a camera. 

It was such a great time and I was truly grateful to have a day where I could just focus on nothing but the kids without worrying about cleaning, laundry, house projects, blogging, etc. Needless to say, both my kids were asleep 3 minutes into the ride home.


A huge thank you to Lindsay, AJ and Mia for an epic play date. We had a blast and can't wait to come play again!


No comments:

Post a Comment