03 October 2011

Anthropologie Inspired Lamp Redo

While finishing up the last few weeks of my maternity leave, I vowed to keep my projects under budget (more like $0.00 budget) since the funds are running low until I get back to work. So last week inspired by my own Anthropologie themed post, I did a re-do on an old Ikea lamp I had lying in the basement. The best part is that this project cost me a whopping $0.00! I used all items I already had lying around the house.

For quite some time I've been wanting to replace this lamp on the side table in our master bedroom. 


This lamp was an old $5.00 Goodwill find spruced up with some twine and the trusty ol' glue gun. It did the trick for a while, but I wanted something less short-and-fat and more long-and-lean. Plus I was over the yellow tones of the twine I used. I had this old Ikea lamp from back when I first moved in.


I haven't been able to let myself donate this lamp for some reason. I guess I knew somewhere down the road I would have a plan for it.

I turned to my good friend Google after my Anthro post motivated to find some more look for less goodies. I began searching "Anthropologie DIY," "Anthropologie inspired decor," etc. I came across this image:


Completely inspired and little bit challenged by my self imposed budget, I decided to give it a try the next day. A few hours of DIY-ing (and spending $0.00 in supplies remember.) I had this:








Pretty close match, huh?

I love it and the silhouette is exactly what I was looking for to fill that spot. 

Later this week I'll show you the tutorial I made and how easy it was to go from a spare lamp to my Anthro inspired redo. I also have another FREE upgrade that we did over the weekend in our dining room. Remember I told you about the furniture swap? We did it and it looks amazing! Pictures tomorrow.

2 comments: