26 April 2012

All You Need is LOVE is All You Need


I mentioned on Monday that I did purchase one item while at Clover Market. The vendor I bought from was Black Heart Letterpress. I'm a lover of all things letterpress. I searched for weeks finding the perfect letterpress invitations for our wedding. I was so determined that I was going to have letterpress invites. There's just something about the finished look of a piece of stationary or card made in letterpress that I love. I prefer that over a glossy standard printed card or invitation any day.

Black Heart Letterpress specializes in custom designs of greeting cards, invitations, coasters, prints, and more. After I brought my card home I made sure to check out their website to see what else they offer.

You'll notice thay have a lot of Philadelphia-themed pre-made pieces, which I'm a fan of since my mom's side of the family is from Philly. Here are just a few pieces that caught my eye. 





This is the card that I purchased from Black Heart Letterpress. When I purchased I knew I wasn't planning to use the card for it's actual purpose as a card. I loved the print, the saying, and even the color of the letterpress and thought it would look great in a simple white frame.


Here is just a snap of how the card was packaged, with a copy of their logo and website address packed on the back of the packing. It obviously came with an envelope, which I don't need, so I just stashed that away in case I need one for something later.

I used an Ikea Ribba frame for the card and added it to the newly updated gallery wall in our living room. I'm still filling a few of the frames on the wall. As I've mentioned a few times I've been trying to brighten up the space in our living room and I just felt that the dark frames on the small piece of wall were crowded the space. Plus with all the dark furniture we have, it was just overkill. I recently swapped out the frames for all white and have been in the process of replacing the wedding photos with prints and other family photos (aka Lucy). Hope to finish up this weekend!


Be sure to check out Black Heart Letterpress sometime!

No comments:

Post a Comment